Clockwork Angel Countdown

My Blog List

Thursday, August 12, 2010

City of Bones review

City of Bones by Cassandra Claire



from Good Reads:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end


*may contain spoliers*
- I do like this series, I do, but it is not my favorite. I will start with negatives and end with the positives. Okay so, my real negatives mainly have to do with the two most popular characters in the series: Jace and Clarry. Sorry but I really do not like them. I can understand Jace at times, because of what he went through, but some times his attitude is a real turn off. He just seems to be a jerk all the time, especailly to Simon. Clarry, I feel bad for her, but she wines way to much for my licking. I kinda want her to do something about her sistuation, on her own and with out help. and the ending of this book: why didn't they kill the bad guy? I mean he's right there... they could have at least tried to kill him.
okay now for the positives. I find the fight scenes, especially the one when they go looking for the mortal cup, to be well written and thought out. They are fun to read and I can feel the suspense. Another good thing in this story is Alec and Magnus. I love them apart and together. I do like this series, and i'd read it again, but it is not the best I have read. I'd give it a B++

2 comments:

  1. I get what you mean about Jace being cocky but the reason it doesn't bother me is because I know it's kind of like a defense mechanism for him. Plus, it's fun to read. I like Clary a lot too, she's probably one of my favourite female protagonists. She's brave and gutsy. I've heard many people say that she annoys them but I just don't see why. But, I do agree with you on the fight scenes, they're all great. I love this book and the series overall is amazing. Everyone has different tastes though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam! I have an award for you! http://goddessofthelibrary.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete