Clockwork Angel Countdown

My Blog List

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wicked Reads

One of my favorite series is the Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr. And In honor of The Release Radiant Shadows This Tuesday I am going to tell my Wicked LOvely Journey.

I, like alot of people, was lost for books after the release of the last Harry Potter book. I had books that I wanted to read but, I wanted another Series that I could be excited about. Around that time I was really into Snow White ( Not the disney version more along the lines of Snow White a Tale of Terror (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz1qRGxgCws)
I was looking through barnes and nobles, and yes you guessed it I picked up Twilight. It was 2005 and the hype was pretty low key at the time, a few websites but nothing to crazy. I read the next to books and then the flood gates opened. The fourth book was being released, a movie was coming and I was caught up in the hype of it all. But I kept seeing this book : Wicked Lovely, I would read the back of the cover and then just set it back on the shelves.
I became an Anti Twilighter after the release of BD and the movie, and joined a site for people who didn't like twilight as well. I came across a post about the books Wicked Lovely and heard what an author had said about the series (it wasn't good). So what did I do?
I bought Wicked Lovely.
The next day I ran out to buy Ink Exchange and then had to wait 6 agonizing months for Fragile Eternity to come out.
It was only after I had read all three books that I found out about the Rath, I know alittle late, but I joined none the less. And I am better for it. I have meet some of the coolest people on their, like Heather, Aine, Alice, Cam, Tiger, Teagan, Em, and so many more.
And I have never meet an Author kinder than Melissa Marr. She's like a ninja coming in and helping us with our questions about the books and Teasing us with hints for upcoming Releases. Small snippets of her work and even deleted scenes.
I was lucky enough to recieve an Arc of Radiant Shadows, and all I have to say for now: Is WOW be ready for a Wild Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment